10/10 - Thirsty Thursday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcifer

Reaction score
A year ago today I turned 21 and started my journey into the world of craft beer. I set out to complete to Top 100 "Beers of Fame", never thinking that I would actually finish. Well today, my friends, I present to you my last beer on that list. Only seems appropriate that I opened in on my birthday, exactly one year later.

I started off with a regular pour into my new Bourbon County snifter:

But then I came to my senses and did the only logical thing: BirthdayIntihar.

It's never too early to start drinking. Cheers!

A year ago today I turned 21 and started my journey into the world of craft beer. I set out to complete to Top 100 "Beers of Fame", never thinking that I would actually finish. Well today, my friends, I present to you my last beer on that list. Only seems appropriate that I opened in on my birthday, exactly one year later.

I started off with a regular pour into my new Bourbon County snifter:

But then I came to my senses and did the only logical thing: BirthdayIntihar.

It's never too early to start drinking. Cheers!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And congrats on the milestone.

Enjoyed an Abyss on my bday just a couple weeks ago.

Cheers!

EwQiDup.jpg

How is the 2010 holding up?

opened a 2010 about six months ago...and then another two weeks ago (above). both were tasty, but preferred the bottle from a couple weeks ago. not sure it could have tasted any better. :)

opened a 2010 about six months ago...and then another two weeks ago (above). both were tasty, but preferred the bottle from a couple weeks ago. not sure it could have tasted any better. :)
Good to know, thanks. I need to dig into my 2010 bottles soon.

Just cracked Dark Seas Russian Imperial Stout from Mission.
Pretty good, tastes as it should...

Gonna move on the a bomber of Hop Stoopid post-lunch.

6 more hours, 6 more hours...

Then I have to figure out if there's anything good in my fridge. Probably not so I imagine I'll need to wait patiently as something chills down. Thursdays suck.

Stepped away from the interweb to run a few errands and managed to score a free 4 pack of Heady from the Alchemist delivery truck gentleman AND free lunch from my favorite spot in town! Talk about being in the right place at the right ****ing time.

aQBnwVV.jpg

Looks like you didn't waste any time picking up some Bell's now that it's in NY. Unless you got this elsewhere, in which case, carry on.

All over Westchester now. Or well...at least at all of the DeCicco's (3 of which are less than 10 miles from me).

This is one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

(my life is exceedingly mundane)

All over Westchester now. Or well...at least at all of the DeCicco's (3 of which are less than 10 miles from me).

This is one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

(my life is exceedingly mundane)
Been spending the afternoon debating a trip to one of the DeCicco's after work... (Probably won't go) But good to know it is actually all over.

Maybe just have your paycheck direct deposited into Vista's account, they're also expecting a shipment of Cigar City next week.
These are all the questions I keep meaning to ask him, but forget. This is all good news. Hopefully Jack's Abby will creep down into Westchester county at some point too.

41649fd3dcac45b18627fa9686e30ef4_zps412a083d.jpg

Decided to pull something out of the cellar tonight. Not sure exact vintage, was told the '70s but based on the overall condition I think it might be early '90s (to my knowledge this design is only from those two time periods). Bottle says "the quality of this beer is maintained indefinitely", I'd have to agree.

Fits with this dreary weather outside right now. Time to open another one and see how it's doing at this stage.

tumblr_muh65hfRHm1s7ja49o1_1280.jpg

It's quite nice, espresso is starting to mellow out but it's still there. Not bold as it was once before.

Cheers, BTs!

workig my way though the leftovers of a 12pk of sam adams octoberfest (leftover from flag-football league).... will open something better (likely a pumking and a bourbon county.... been wanting a bourbon pumkin melange for a while now!) once the game starts....

DA BEARS!!!!!
(aka, please don't **** us, cutler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back